National Professional Qualification for Headship
The NPQH programme is for teachers who have either completed NPQSL, hold a senior leadership role in a school or education setting, or are a serving headteacher or head of school in a federation or MAT. Applicants should have had experience of whole school responsibility and aspire to headship.
This programme will support you to :
- develop knowledge and skills across 6 content areas, which set out what an effective headteacher or head of school should know and be able to do
- develop up to 7 important leadership behaviours, which set out how an effective leader should operate
- undertake a placement at a school, in a different context from your own, to design an action plan to meet your placement school’s resourcing and capability needs
- complete a final assessment that evaluates your capability against the knowledge and skills set out in the 6 content areas
The 6 content areas across which you will develop your senior leadership knowledge and skills are:
- strategy and improvement
- teaching and curriculum excellence
- leading with impact
- working in partnership
- managing resources and risks
- increasing capability
The 7 leadership behaviours that you will have the opportunity to develop are:
- personal drive
Programme cost £2000*
For details of the next cohort intake please contact:
* For schools in Category 5 or 6 Areas, the Department for Education (DfE) will cover full course costs, and all teachers and leaders in these areas are eligible for this funding (provided they have not already studied for the NPQH).
Schools in Wyre Forest and Wychavon will qualify for this funding. Details are expected from DfE before the end of term so please contact 0800 090 2255 for details on how to access this funding and register your interest in the NPQH programme.